Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Segue Test Central
-------------------

I was unable to access a demonstration of the product as they requested too much personal information from me before allowing me to even view their "restricted" area. From their screenshots and website information I was able to guage a good understanding of the product and its features.

Good Points
o Validation conditions are useful to determine the level of success of a test.
o Good distribution model
o The ability to attach files to a test case.

Bad Points
o Central database problems.
o High cost and if you wish to have your own database there is another cost associated there.
o Web interface only available
o Non extendable design

Conclusion
This product is probably the best one I have evaluated even though I could not get a demonstration model to use. However there are still many drawbacks to the application, particularly in cost and database problems.